Recent GE research shows that consumers have a broad wish list for their home ranges. From burners for multiple size pots and pans to intuitive controls, they’re looking for more bang for their buck, and affordable performance is key. Since 80 percent of cooking takes place on the cooktop, ranges need to offer increased cooktop power, with flexibility and high-quality craftsmanship.1 Consumers also lean toward a clean overall look with a sleek, modern feel.2 In response, GE has updated its offering of gas and electric freestanding ranges to give consumers what they want and need in the kitchen.
Enhanced GE Ranges Deliver:
- Top-of-the-Line Cooktops: Modern-looking, gas edge-to-edge cooktops offer more space for pots and pans, and feature the largest integrated griddle in the industry. High-performance burners provide faster boil times.
- Convection offers even baking results every time, with flexible broiling accommodating the largest roasting pan to the smallest ramekin.
- Grate Design: New gas model grates offer a modern, minimal appearance with a heavier professional feel that’s still light enough for easy cleaning.
- Robust Yet Minimal Features: Sleek, two-piece door design and sturdy, stainless steel knobs evoke a high-end appearance, along with intuitive, easy-to-read graphics and newly designed back guard.
- Slate: GE has expanded its popular Slate finish to these new models. Slate resists fingerprints, is magnetic and its matte finish blends with any kitchen style.
- Steam Clean: GE offers a wide range of Self Clean/Steam Clean ranges for every consumer cleaning preference. GE’s Steam Clean cycle is quick, low odor and the finishes stand up to a wide variety of cleaners.
- Cooktop Cleaning: GE gas ranges with edge-to-edge cooktops feature grates that are not only dishwasher safe, but also self-clean safe. That means the grates can be cleaned in the dishwasher when lightly soiled or in the oven during the self-clean cycle for heavy soils.
New GE and GE Profile™ gas and electric freestanding ranges will be available in April in multiple product models starting at $549.
1. Stevenson, BrandTrust and BigBang Consumer Insights Research, 2012-2015
2. Source: NKBA 2015 Kitchen and Bath Style Report