- The new Cafe™ Series refrigerator with Keurig® K-Cup® Brewing System now available at Lowe’s stores nationwide
- GE Appliances and Lowe’s will partner to execute a robust marketing campaign
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Nov. 4, 2015—(NYSE:GE)—The most buzzed about refrigerator of 2015 is now available to consumers nationwide with the announcement today that Lowe’s will be the first national retail chain to offer the GE Café™ Series refrigerator with Keurig® K-Cup® Brewing System. Manufactured in Louisville, the refrigerator features patented technology that not only makes hot water but also coffee, tea or any Keurig K-Cup hot beverage within the refrigerator, offering consumers a simplified, more convenient kitchen experience.
“We are excited to be able to offer our customers the convenience of brewing Keurig K-Cups using filtered water directly from their GE Café refrigerator,” said Craig Webber, Lowe’s merchandising vice president of appliances. “As the leading appliance retailer, Lowe’s is the first-to-market with the latest innovations that improve the customer experience and deliver greater value.”
The new GE Café Series refrigerator with Keurig K-Cup Brewing System will be found in more than 1,300 Lowe’s stores nationwide alongside a suite of GE innovative products, including the new GE Profile™ Series freestanding electric or gas range with an edge-to-edge cooktop and the new Profile over-the-range microwave oven with Chef Connect technology.
“Lowe’s and GE’s commitment to their customers to bring them the most innovative product launches make this a great partnership,” said Steve Eddy, GE’s general manager of sales for Lowe’s.
The new refrigerator will also be available at select large independent retailers starting in November.
About the Café French door refrigerator with Keurig K-Cup brewing system:
No matter how you prefer your cup of coffee, there’s no denying the single-serve brewing trend is piping hot. According to a 2014 National Coffee Association coffee drinking trends survey, 29 percent of respondents who drank coffee said they used a single-cup brewer, up nearly 50 percent from the previous year.1 Brewing at home is about to become even more appealing as GE introduces an industry first: the GE Café Series refrigerator with Keurig K-Cup Brewing System.
GE’s new refrigerator technology, an evolution of its Café French door refrigerator’s unique hot water dispenser, paired with the ability to brew a Keurig K-Cup single-cup, meets the growing consumer interest. From leaders innovating to change the industry, this breakthrough evolution will take consumer convenience and versatility to a whole new level.
Additional features include:
- Fresh, filtered water every time with no need to refill
- The built-in system frees up counter space, something that’s a premium in many kitchens, and the Keurig K-Cup brewer is dishwasher safe
- First-of-its-kind water filtration system, tested and verified by an independent third party to remove 98 percent of five trace pharmaceuticals from water2
- GE connected technology, allowing consumers to preset the brew time via their mobile device so the water in the reservoir is ready and waiting
- Water-dispensing flow rate and temperature designed to make the optimal cup of coffee, tea or other single-serve beverages
- ENERGY STAR® certification, meeting minimum efficiency standards for refrigerators and freezers and using as much energy as a cellphone does to charge overnight
- Opportunity to brew over 400 varieties of Keurig K-Cup beverages from 60+ major brands, and the top 10 best-selling coffee brands in America, including: Folgers®, Maxwell House®, Starbucks®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Eight O’Clock®, Community® Coffee, and Peet’s Coffee & Tea®.
Made in Louisville, Ky., the Café French door refrigerator with single-serve Keurig K-Cup brewing system (CFE28USHSS/CYE22USHSS) will be available in stainless steel. MSRP is $3,300. For more information on availability, visit www.geappliances.com.
ABOUT GE APPLIANCES
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 16 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico through its stores and online at Lowes.com, Lowes.ca and Lowes.com.mx. With fiscal year 2014 sales of $56.2 billion, Lowe’s has more than 1,845 home improvement and hardware stores and 265,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, North Carolina, Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
1. 2014 Coffee Consumer Trends Report: More Gourmet, Single Cups. May 9, 2014. http://dailycoffeenews.com/2014/05/09/2014-coffee-consumer-trends-report-more-gourmet-single-cups/
2. Including ibuprofen, atenolol, fluoxetine, progesterone and trimethoprim, from water and ice. The pharmaceuticals and other substances removed or reduced by this filter are not necessarily in any given water supply.